Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Post!!

Well, I created this blog quite a while ago but have been putting off beginning to post because I have absolutely no idea what to do. So here goes. I found some fun "Icebreaker Questions" online and am hoping that maybe by writing about myself a bit it will "Break the Ice" for me and make this feel less awkward. :) Haha

Apple or Orange Juice:
I like both equally, I basically love any juice. If I was in charge of the shopping trips for my family, juices would be the only drinks we ever get. I mean, milk? Eew.

Morning or Night Person:
Definitely night. I have insomnia so it's hard to go to bed anyways-but I love to stay up late and sleep in.

Favorite Smells:
Roses, rain, Drakaar, Melted Chocolate, Cucumber Melon, New Books, etc. etc.

Colors:
My absolute favorite color is purple, and lime green and aqua come in as close second and thirds. However, lately I've been beginning to enjoy the black/red/white trio more...there's a store in the Orem mall that only has clothes of that color; it's AMAZING! I'm thinking that I'll do them possibly for wedding colors like my mom did.... :)

Favorite Cereal:
I generally don't eat breakfast...but the Peanut Butter Cup kind is pretty yummy.

Pet Peeves:
People leaving cupboards open,swearing,clickishness,chipped nails, messes, boys...*hehehe*

Bad Habits:
Oh my, there's so many. I procrastinate, always dump my clothes on the floor of my room, forget to call people, put myself down, stress over little things, etc.

Least favorite candy:
I like pretty much everything except for the "Whoppers, Malted Milk Balls" and anything "Red Hot" (Cinnamon) I love anything with chocolate, or anything sour ^_^

Which 7 Drawf are you:
Sleepy...zzz

Favorite movie line:
"Buuuuubbbbbbllleeeess!!" -Finding Nemo
(A nickname I got from my friend Harmony:)

Favorite Fruit and Veggies:
That's hard. I like basically everything. The only things that I don't like are celery, squash, ...and yeah, that's it :)

Best Year of your life, and why:
I think it's a tie between 5th grade, and the school year that I'm in now; for similar reasons-relatively. During 5th grade I was living in Richfield and it was neat because it was the first time I had a really close best friend: Jamie Chappell and my first crush: Trevor Waters. I loved my teacher, won a few writing contests, loved the house we were in, etc.
And this year has been great, it's just been hard. I think that once I'm able to look back on it then I will be able to say it was one of the best years. I've had a lot of turning points this year that have really changed who I am as a person, and the way that my life will be. For the better. :) I have great friends, love band, etc.

Favorite Pie:
Banana cream, all the way.

Were you named after anyone:
My parents picked Ashley simply because it was a popular name around the time that I was born, and they liked it. But I got my middle name-Taylor-after my Great Grandma Taylor on my mom's side of the family.

Do you like to cook:
I LOVE to cook. I'm not that good at it, but I'm working on it. Like a lot of people my favorite things to make are desserts :D

Sunrise or Sunset:
Either one. They're both equally beautiful. It would depend on who I'm with and the situation as to my preference. One day I hope to watch one of them with a spouse :)

Time Machine, Where would you go and why:
Really hard...probably to a time when I was sitting just talking with my Grandpa Rawle. He passed away when I was about 13 and I miss him a lot. When you talked to him he listened to you like you were the only person in the world.

Most Hated Household Chore:
Cleaning my bedroom...lol. For some reason the rest of the house always seems like more fun to clean when my room is messy :)

Something you miss from Childhood:
Riding my bike.

House on fire, grab three things:
-Scriptures -Laptop -Camera

Favorite Place on Earth:
My Bedroom

Have to change your Name:
Amy. It's a random girls name that I've always liked. It was the name of the main character in a novel that I started and gave up on during middle school. Amy Copen...Lol.

Amusement Parks, Favorite Ride, etc.
I'm not a big fan of stuff like that. I used to be pretty brave, but I've gotten worse. I'm a total scaredy cat now :)

Collector of Anything:
Not right now. I went through phases when I was little where I collected stamps and bouncy balls though.

If you could be an animal:
Dolphin, my absolute favorite. They're the epitome of grace and beauty, kindness, etc.

Any superpower, what would it be:
Strength. I'm SO weak.

Your first thought when you wake up:
WHY????!!!! :(

How would you like to die:
Peacefully in my sleep; after having had a chance to say goodbye to my friends and family earlier.

What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail:
Writing my first novel, I keep putting it off because I'm insecure and scared about it.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be:
That I could see things more realistically. The way I view myself, and the things that stress me out.

If you could have a room full of one thing, what would it be:
Books! I know, I'm a nerd. :P

Last thought before you go to sleep:
Probably a boy, or the things on my to-do list for the next day.

One thing that not many people know about you:
I write about a poem a day, I love poetry.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks! I love you too ^_^
    Oops, I spelled it wrong in the post. It's actually called "Drakkar Noir" and it's the yummiest men's cologne ever! MMMMMM

    ReplyDelete